Beijing confirms avian influenza detected in expat
Beijing confirmed that a 59-year-old female expatriate who came to the city three months ago was carrying avian influenza H5N6, according to the municipal center for disease control and prevention's report on Tuesday.
The woman complained of symptoms on Aug 6. She reportedly contacted with dead poultry before she got sick and the poultry was not from Beijing, according to the authority.
"The disease is under control," the statement said, adding that people should take precautions before contacting poultry.
- Hong Kong residents take a stand against violence
- Tourism at golden terraced fields grows in autumn
- Shanghai Tourism Festival opens
- 123 head of smuggled cattle confiscated in border province
- China's big data sector to continue steady growth: report
- Beijing parks receive over 300,000 holiday visitors